Monday, November 15, 2010

Prophesy

We're not alone ...

I think that's one of the biggest things that I am yet to realise - in this war that is.

I can be flicking through books, listening to life testimonies yet I still feel like I'm the only one who's actually trying to succeed in this life - spiritually wise.
Or rather, the only person who is trying but not succeeding.

It's one of the most effective tools that the enemy has, to isolate us, and pick us off one by one. And by keeping is attacks low key - just beyond comprehension(Strange feelings, minature episodes of depression, bumps in the night ect. ) it's easy to write it off as imagination.
And I suppose it was imagination in the beginning - just 'what if that was God there, and what would he do if it was him'. But now the experiences become difficult to explain as just my imagination - especially when I start doing what I imagine he tells me to.

The next step on this 'prophetical' journey is for the voices to become clearer, the visions more substantial.

For instance - Friday I was in a church with a few stained glass windows where the light was hitting them just right. I wondered what it would look like if the light was filled with dust, leaves, snow, all swirling out of the window. But then, these swirling leaves - as if they had a life of their own came down, in a sort of twister a little off from me. A figure formed, and beckoned me. I followed it down a dark staircase, and up it again. Then it disappeared back into the dust.

The thing is I didn't see a figure. It wasn't standing in front of me, more that I just felt it was there - in my minds eye.

The real question, is if I'm willing to do this for a figure-in-my-minds-eye-that-I-am-imagining-that-might-be-real-but-likely-isn't ... why don't I put so much effort in things that I know is real - like the Big Book?

Interesting ...

No comments:

Post a Comment